Yoga mats are an important part of a successful practise or yoga session. They have many vital uses while practising yoga. It also defines your personal Yoga space if you are doing Yoga with other people, in a class or at the gym.
Some Very Good Reasons To Use Yoga Mats:
- A Yoga mat improves traction for your hands and feet so you don’t slip whilst in Downward Dog!
- Provides cushioning from the hard floor or ground if you are practising outside
- Improves balance especially if using a sticky mat
- Is easy to transport when travelling – have mat will practise!
Your Yoga mat is a very personal thing and will become a much loved part of your life. There are many different types of yoga mats available:
Eco Yoga Mats:
For the earth friendly, eco conscious Yogi.These Yoga mats are usually:
- Eco friendly
- PVC & Latex free
- Don’t contain chlorides
- Bio degradable
Thick Yoga Mats:
For A Luxurious Session…
- Thicker and therefore more comfortable
- Increased shock absorbency
- Insulates you from cold floors
- Around 6mm thick
Extra Wide Yoga Mats:
Wider and more spacious
- Great for wide poses
- Larger surface area
- Larger personal space for yoga studio or gym yoga classes
- Keeps your body on the mat and off the floor
If you’re anything like me, you’ll end up with one of every kind for different practise in different places. And throw in a yoga mat bag or three and don’t forget the yoga blocks and your yoga blanket! Somebody stop me! Whatever your needs, there is a mat (or 5) for you.
Namaste and Happy Yoga Mats!